NCOA is the voice of our specialty in North Carolina. Through education, communications, advocacy and professional relations, the NCOA promotes excellence in patient care and represents the interests of North Carolina's orthopaedic surgeons.
Registration Now Open!
NCOA 2016 Annual Meeting
October 7-9 @ The Pinehurst Resort
This year's excellent meeting program features William Ward, MD, Chairman, Orthopaedic Advisory Council, American College of Surgeons, and David Halsey, MD, AAOS Second Vice-President.
6.0 CMEs & Superb Faculty!
- Program and online registration. Early-bird registration rates available until September 9.
- Accommodations: Call the Pinehurst Resort at (877) 624-5943 to reserve your room. The hotel cut-off is September 6.
- Exhibiting Opportunities: Help ensure a successful meeting by sharing the Exhibitor Prospectus with the product and service representatives that call on your practice.
- CME Credit Statement: The Southern Regional AHEC designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- NC Society for Surgery of the Hand to Meet: The NCSSH will meet at the Pinehurst Resort on Friday, October 7, from 7:00am until 6:00pm, with an optional dinner from 7:30-9:30pm. The keynote speaker is Robert Spinner, MD, Professor of Orthopaedics at the Mayo Clinic. All NCOA members are invited to attend one of the Friday morning labs at no cost. Contact NCSSH President Mark Warburton, MD at (336) 687-2561 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
- For more information, contact Nancy Lowe, email@example.com, (919) 833-3836 ext. 111.
NC Medicaid Announces Direct Enrollment of Mid-Level Providers
Take action now to ensure that your claims are not suspended or denied.
In accordance with new Federal regulations, claims for services will no longer be filed as "incident to" in NCTracks. All attending, rendering, ordering, prescribing or referring providers in NC Medicaid or NC Health Choice, including Physician Assistants (PAs), Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), and Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), are encouraged to begin submitting enrollment applications now to NCTracks. This will ensure that your claims are not suspended on November 1, 2016 the effective date of this new rule. Visit the Provider Enrollment page.
For all claims submitted beginning November 1, the providers National Provider Identifier (NPI) will be required as a data element on the claim for programs listed in this May 2016 Special Bulletin. Any NPI entered on a claim will be validated, even if it is not required for that service/claim type. Limited exceptions to this new regulation include any Resident or Intern in a Graduate Dental and Medical Education program.
NCOA Joins "A Nation in Motion"
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' national campaign, A Nation in Motion, shares the stories of more than 600 patients whose lives have been saved or restored through access to high-quality orthopaedic care. These inspiring stories illustrate the conditions, injuries and traumas that millions of patients have braved head on and the excellent care that got them back to work and to their active, full lives. The patients featured on the website have shared their stories in one simple phrase, Because of my orthopaedic care, I can... It isnt too late to submit your patients stories on the site. Learn more at http://anationinmotion.org/.
The North Carolina Orthopaedic Association (NCOA) is a statewide membership organization dedicated to serving the profession, representing patients interests and advancing musculoskeletal health. Through advocacy, education and public relations, the NCOA is committed to representing the best interests of orthopaedic surgeons and their patients.
NCOA | PO Box 27167 | Raleigh, NC 27611 | Phn: 919-833-3836 | Fax: 919-833-2023 | firstname.lastname@example.org